Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Thanksgiving Blog: Late as it may be

DSC_0202 Mike & I hosted Thanksgiving this year.  Only our second time ever to host and our first one here in NZ.  It was certainly one of my favorites, just having all of our mates over, celebrating our friendship, and recounting our gratitude to God for all He's done.  I think Krystal inspired me when she said something about it being nice to have special touches, so I did some little napkin ring holders and name plates.  It was fun.  I am most proud, though,  of the turkey, which much to my utter surprise and relief, turned out really well!  Whew!  Thanks to God for oven bags!  Mike's stuffing & rolls were amazing as usual!  Here's the table & the preparations.

DSC_0178   DSC_0196

 

 

 

 

 

 DSC_0191

DSC_0194

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0198 DSC_0200

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Thanksgiving was awesome, turkey was fab and I could not get enough of those dinner rolls. thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those pictures are gorgeous! The food looks soooo delicious! It is making my mouth water! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

go on, say something.