Sunday, January 07, 2007

Better Than the Movies

Mike and I braved our way to dinner and a movie last night, Chloe in tote. It was her first movie. If you've heard anything about the film or seen it you know there are phases to a magic trick. First you make something disappear, but the real part of the trick is making it reappear again. The reappearance is called, "The prestige." Well, Chloe seems to have this act down pat. During the previews, she cleverly made her voice disappear, but just as the theater got silent and the title of the film appeared on the screen, Chloe's voice made its reappearance with a boisterous, "Wha, whaaaaaa!" She claimed the prestige and all its glory. However, the audience did not react with applause, and she was quickly ushered offstage! Though it wasn't part of the act, we were able to get her voice to disappear again without missing any of the film. She actually slept through the whole thing. After the movie, I was so excited to see her again. It made me think of those times in life when a movie is really good and coming back to reality is disappointing. This time, though, when the movie was over, even though it was a really good film, as I walked down Broadway with my husband and my daughter, I realized that life right now is so much better than the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

go on, say something.