Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Baby

Well, I guess she's growin' up. Standing up, saying, "Mamamamama," second tooth, about to turn a year old, climbing on the playground, being mistook for Chloe over skype......but, she's still my baby. And, she's a cuddler, hooray! Today she went down a slide by herself for the first time, climbed up the ladder at the playground with moderate assist (the physio in me must note progress like that!), LOVED the swings as indicated by this gasping squeal of delight the second she saw them and everytime she got to swing higher! She and Chloe swung side by side with Chloe saying she wanted to fly like "Gumbo" (referring to Dumbo from a video clip we watched yesterday)! I also want to mention that we recently prayed for patience with the babies in this stage and I just want to thank God because He's been doling it out over the past few days and I've been able to just really enjoy them! Either I'm more patient or they're better behaved or maybe a little of both. In fact, one of the techniques I've used with Chloe is for her to choose "this finger" if she wants to obey Momma and get treasures in heaven or "this finger" if she wants to disobey and get the consequences on earth. So, yesterday, she laid down right on top of a heap of laundry I'd just folded and was rolling around in it. I sat down next to her and said, "Chloe, I feel frustrated because you know I just folded those." And, she replied, "Treasures in heaven?" and hopped up off of the laundry. It was awesome. She will almost always choose treasures in heaven, but will now and then say she wants consequences on earth. However, once I've told her the consequence, she changes her mind and obeys. We've just started reading Joshua and it talks about how the people tell him that they'll obey him just like they did Moses (not that they were incredibly obedient!), but I realized how important it is for us to be obedient to God and how much it means to Him that we submit to the authority He's placed over us. Not only does it honor Him when we do so, but it builds our character and protects us. In the first chapter of Joshua, it even says we'll be successful and prosperous if we do so (be that according to the worlds standards or better yet, according to God's!). As we read that last night, it made me realize the importance of being submitted to God in this business venture that Krystal and I are working on (starting a Salsa class for Mums-n-Bubs). If we obey Him, regardless of the earthly outcome, we will be successful. Thank you, Lord, for using Your word and our babies to teach me more about your heart. Thank you for hearing our prayers and answering.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Kim, Hi! Thanks so much for your comment on the blog! It really was one of those days where I felt happy that I did remember to "enjoy every moment you can" with the kids while they are young and at home! Time goes by so quickly and it's easy to forget to simply enjoy in the Mahem that's life with preschoolers!
    I'll add you to my list of blogs to follow if that's ok? What beautiful photographs!!!!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

go on, say something.