Monday, September 15, 2008

Aye aye aye

Mexican food - notoriously good and cheap. Oh? Perhaps in el Estados Unidos, pero not in Neuvo Zealand. Here it's exotic fare. Many of you will gasp at the prices on this menu so prepare yourselves.
 I do apologize for the big flash on the menu, but I still think it's possible to see that a beef burrito is $21.50.  Two beef tacos will set you back $20.50 (but that does include rice and beans).  And I must say it's a far cry from the nice Mexican we enjoyed in LA at El Chollo or, my favorite, the texmex at Alamo Cafe in San Antonio (followed closely by Uncle Julio's in Dallas and Chueys in Austin).  I tried to talk my bro, Steve, into moving to NZ and opening a Texmex resaurant here in Auckland - but he said 'no, gracias'.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    I KNOW you are loving the newest college rankings today!!! Your SOONERS are #1 again!

    Julie
    Geaux Tigers!!!

    ReplyDelete

go on, say something.