Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Zealand Summer



January and February in New Zealand have been some of the most beautiful months of my life. By all means, come in summer if you can. With much easier beach access than we even had in LA, we've definitely spent a lot of time there! Amazing how not having to sit in 45 minutes of traffic will get ya out to the beach. As a girl who grew up land-locked, I'm really loving it. I lay in my bed on a beach retreat last weekend just listening to the crash of the waves some 50 yards from my window and learned why so often the ocean is attributed with the sound "roar." It is definitely lion-like in its majesty. What God can do with a body of water...wow. We've noticed how calm Chloe is around it, too. She seems to be listening to its natural white noise intently, not wanting to miss a word of what it says. There's a lot of beauty out there. There's a lot of beauty.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

go on, say something.